Welcome to the new EIG website
Pictures and details from the recent successful event on: Surface Water, Groundwater and Flooding in Quarries and Mines will be posted on the website shortly.
What are EIG Conferences?
The Extractive Industry Geology (EIG) Conferences are renowned as a series of highly successful conferences held every 2 years that provide a unique scientific and technical shop window for the non-petroleum extractive industry.
It is run by geo-professionals working within the industry, with the aim of delivering a focused training event for people working in this sector.
The EIG Conference is an essential training event for all earth scientists associated with the extractive minerals sector, helping them to keep abreast of current and future trends, innovation and best practice.
In particular it will appeal to those involved in the following fields:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Quarry Development Design and Planning
- Restoration and After Use
- Reserve and Resource Estimation and Reporting
Previous delegates have typically included:
- Governmental and Non-Governmental organisations (e.g. BGS, SEPA, EA, SNH, EH etc)
- Technical teams working for mineral operators
- Consultants supplying services to the non-petroleum extractive industry
- Those involved in research and development for the industrial minerals sector
Thanks to the following for their hard work and support in helping to organise the EIG conference:
CPD provided by EIG as a recognised industry group
You can now follow the EIG on a variety of social networks: