© EIG Conferences Ltd. All rights reserved.
What are EIG Conferences?
The Extractive Industry Geology Conferences are renowned as a series of highly successful biennial conferences, providing a unique scientific and technical shop window for the non-petroleum extractive industry.
It is run by geo-professionals working within the industry, with the aim of delivering a focused training event for people working in this sector.
The EIG Conference is an essential training event for all earth scientists associated with the extractive industrial minerals sector, helping them to keep abreast of current and future trends, innovation and best practice.
In particular it will appeal to those involved in the following fields:
· Geotechnical Engineering
· Quarry Development Design and Planning
· Restoration and After Use
· Reserve and Resource Estimation and Reporting
Previous delegates have typically included:
· Governmental and Non-Governmental organisations (e.g. BGS, SEPA, EA, SNH, EH etc.)
· Technical teams working for mineral operators
· Consultants supplying services to the non-petroleum extractive industry
· Those involved in research and development for the industrial minerals sector
You can now follow EIG on a variety of social networks:
The EIG 2014 Conference needs your support and sponsorship.
Click here for more details.
Institute of Quarrying
The EIG committee are pleased to have put together a wonderful programme for their forthcoming conference in June, to be held at the University of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland.
As an exciting development for 2014, Extractive Industry Geology Conferences have once again partnered with our North American colleagues from the Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals (FGIM) who will be joining us in St Andrews for their celebratory 50th Anniversary Forum.
No doubt many of you will have fond memories of our last joint conference held in Bath in 2000 and we are sure this will build on that relationship, and the many friendships formed then should be further enhanced when we meet up again in Scotland.
The FGIM were formally invited to join EIG in St Andrews in 2014 by EIG Chairman Clive Mitchell (BGS) when a letter was presented to them at their 2013 FGIM Forum in Jamaica. Following a unanimous vote by the attending delegates, the
President of FGIM Tom Newman (Holcim) formally accepted the invitation.
The 2014 organising committees (18th EIG & 50th FGIM) selected a number of themes for the conference and from the earlier calls for papers, this has resulted in an excellent programme of 47 exciting papers to be given at EIG/FGIM. The wide ranging themes will cover areas such as:
· Scottish Economic Geology · Geotechnics & Ground Control
· International Case Studies · Hydrogeology & Water Monitoring
· Building Stone · Mineralogy
· Community Engagement · Planning & Environment
· Fracking · Resources & Exploration
To book your place at EIG 2014, press the button below to go to the bookings page
Would your company benefit from the fantastic exposure to and interaction with our numerous delegates? Then take a Trade Stand at EIG 2014!
Click here for more details.